Friday, July 1, 2011

Running Things on Thursday

On Saturday morning, I decided to push myself distance-wise. The farthest I have ran in the past is 4 miles. I ran over 5 1/2 miles! I didn't walk once. My pace was just under 11 1/2 minute miles, but considering there were a lot of hills, and it was the farthest i've gone by 1 & 1/2 miles, I did great! I think i'll join the "next step" group run at Dick Ponds on Saturday mornings now. I've always been hesitant to go, since they said they go 3-5 miles, and I wasn't sure I could keep up. Now I know that I can run that!
Monday was the walk-2-run group, and we did 30 minutes of alternating 5 minutes of running with 2 1/2 minutes of walking.
Wednesday I just had a hard time squeezing it in, but I made myself go after dinner (probably not the best time to run), so I only ran 2.35 miles (10 1/2 minute pace). It was hot & humid too.
I'll do a long run this week too.

No comments:

Post a Comment